Effective May 7, 2017
eMDs takes the protection of Confidential Information very seriously, as well as its obligation to limit certain uses or disclosures of Confidential Information. This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices of eMDs for this website, and excludes any third-party sites that may be linked to eMDs website. eMDs website is typically used by eMDs customers and potential customers (all collectively referred to herein as “you, “yours,” or “user”).
This privacy notice applies solely to “Confidential Information” collected, used or disclosed by eMDs, Inc. and its parent organizations, affiliates, and subsidiaries (“eMDs”, “us”, or “we”), who own this website. “Confidential Information” means information about you, which personally identifies you or other personally sensitive information. This privacy notice will notify you of the following:
- What Confidential Information is collected from you by eMDs when you use eMDs’ website;
- How your Confidential Information is used and the limited circumstances in which we might disclose your Confidential Information to third parties without direction from you to do so;
- What choices are available to you regarding the use or sharing of your Confidential Information;
- The ways in which we safeguard and protect against the misuse of your Confidential Information;
- Steps you can take to protect your Confidential Information;
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in your Confidential Information; and
Website Information Collection, Use and Sharing
eMDs is the sole owner of the information collected on its website. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us through the website via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone. We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization or our partners, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to fulfill an order. Unless you ask us not to, we may contact you via email in the future to tell you about specials, new products or services.
Other Use and Sharing
eMDs reserves the right to use or share your personally identifiable information and any Confidential Information to protect eMDs, including without limitation to audit, defend, prosecute and investigate:
- Our legal rights over the website;
- Potential violations of any eMDs terms or conditions;
- Crimes related to or, fraud, waste or abuse of the website;
- Security risks to the website; or
- As required or permitted by law.
Your Access to and Control Over Website Information
You may opt out of your agreement for us to contact you at any time that you have requested via our website. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any;
- Change/correct any data we have about you;
- Have us delete any data we have about you; or
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We are firmly committed to the protection of your personal and Confidential Information. When you submit personal or Confidential Information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline, using administrative, technical and physical security controls and privacy requirements. For example, we employ:
- Encryption technology using Secure Socket Layer protocols;
- Secure and unique user names and passwords selected and known only to you;
- A robust training program for employees with a need to know when and how to use or share your information; and
Wherever we collect such information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. From the website, you can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https://” (not just http://) at the beginning of the address of the web page. While we use encryption to protect information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees with a business need to know to perform a specific job (for example, technical support, billing or customer service) are granted access to this information. The computers/servers in which we store Confidential Information are safeguarded.
In order to use this website, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration a user is required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact you about the products/services on our site in which you have expressed interest. At your option, you may also provide demographic information (such as gender or age) about yourself, but it is not required.
We request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date or financial account information). This information is used and disclosed for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we’ll use this information to contact you.
Steps you can take to protect your information
Actions you take can also help protect the security and privacy of your personal and Confidential Information:
- Do not write down your user name or password;
- Never share your user name and password with anyone (unless you are acting as an individual and you have a legally authorized representative;
- Never use public computers to share or access Confidential Information;
- Close your browser after each web session;
- Ensure your own computer equipment has protections applied, such as firewalls and anti-virus software
We use “cookies” on this website. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you may not have to log in a password more than once to our website, thereby saving time while on our website. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our website. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personal or Confidential Information on our website. If you have declined cookies in your web browser, some features of the website may not be available to you.
This website contains links to other third-party websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content, security or privacy practices of third-party websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site or are re-directed away from our site to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personal or Confidential Information.